Thursday 24 February 2011

Week 15

With all the feedback given I had chose this CD Front cover, I would now need to develope based on this cover the other 8 pages, I began to draw up drafts, which went well with the front cover but also told the story of my narrative, I looked at some CD Panflets on google.














Because this was one song, I couldnt fill up all the pages with lyrics, however I didnt want to fill up the pages with images of the artist, because this looks vain and can become uninteresting, Adele isnt this type of artist anyway, from her previous CD Covers you can tell she is humble and she looks quiet shy.
I decided to stick with the idea of creating images which told the narrative of the music video.











When looking on youtube, I saw a comic book style CD Cover it really inspired me, it hadnt been done  by Adele before and there was no reason why I couldnt do it, I could still makeit look like her previous albums but with a twist, as I was reaching out to a wider wudience, I had to be careful about just repeating Adele's previous CD Covers, as this wasnt attracting my audience, so if I kept it there was no reason why it would.

I drew out a new template and showed it to a sample of my target audience.



'I like this idea, its different and plays with the idea of following the artist, not just within the video but online.'







I decided to go along with this idea, and because I already had my images I went straight to indesign and edited my images to make them look like a cartoon. Obviously I had to find out how to do this so with a bit of research over the ineternet, I found a site which talked me through this effect.

http://www.photoshoproadmap.com/Photoshop-blog/2007/09/13/give-your-photos-a-retro-comic-book-effect/

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I am happy for you. I'd like to know, if you're willing to share--what was the approach, or idea, or explanation/terminology, or exercise that gave you the "a-ha" moment in order to make this breakthrough? What was it that helped you make sense of what you perhaps didn't make sense of before?

    Concert Tickets Hub

    ReplyDelete